When a better, three-dimensional image from teeth to tissue is required.
Our new, Dental cone beam computed tomography (CT) is a special type of x-ray device. It is used when regular dental or facial x-rays are not sufficient. This latest technology produces three dimensional (3-D) images of your teeth, soft tissues, nerve pathways and bone in a single scan.
Dental Cone Beam CT is commonly used for treatment planning of orthodontics and dental implants. Cone Beam CT Imaging is also useful for more complex cases that involve:
- Surgical planning for impacted teeth.
- Diagnosing temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ).
- Evaluation of the jaw, sinuses, nerve canals and nasal cavity.
- Detecting, measuring and treating jaw tumors.
- Determining bone structure and tooth orientation.
- Locating the origin of pain or pathology.
- Cephalometric analysis.
- Reconstructive surgery.
- Accurate and safe placement of dental implants.