Restoration in an hour, start to finish—that’s better timing!
CEREC is an advanced dental technology that is utilized for the restoration of decayed, cracked, or chipped teeth. CEREC can create full crowns, inlays, onlays, and veneers. The CEREC machine crafts a restoration in a matter of minutes. CEREC restorations are made of compressed porcelain.
- One visit restoration process.
- No uncomfortable impression material to bite into.
- No temporaries to wear.
The procedure for placement of a CEREC restoration is very simple.
- Remove all decay from the tooth.
- Shape the tooth in preparation to take a digital picture.
- The tooth is then sprayed with a very fine powder. This allows the digital camera to take an acceptable image. Once this image is captured, the tooth will appear on a computer screen in 3D. This will allow the doctor to design the restoration right in front of you.
- Once the design is completed, the CEREC will mill the restoration. This step takes approximately 15 minutes. You can actually watch this process if you would like.
- When the restoration is finished milling, the doctor will place the restoration.
The entire process should take about an hour.